Active - Regular
Princeton, NJ, Princeton, NJ, US
Requisition ID: 1061
The Senior Cloud Engineer will be responsible for the management and migration of traditional infrastructure to a cloud based automated infrastructure. The Senior Cloud Engineer will play an integral part in advancing the Cloud eco-system and culture of technical excellence. The Senior Cloud Engineer will champion the Cloud Management Platform, live and breathe Infrastructure Automation, support Hybrid Cloud Solutions, and demonstrates abilities of all Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, etc.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will build the next generation of Cloud infrastructure, becomes a key contributor supporting end-to-end private/public Cloud Automation IT and Infrastructure application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. The ideal incumbent will have existing experience moving infrastructure to the Cloud.
- Develop solutions by understanding and studying systems flows, data usage and work processes
- Assist in or independently create robust, scalable, and high-quality automation solutions for infrastructure defined software development, mentor other less experienced automation engineers
- Provision and administer Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service environments using best practices for enterprise customers across multiple public cloud offerings, e.g. AWS, Oracle Cloud Services, and Azure Architect, design, deploy, maintain and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions using Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS), Office 365 and underlying technologies
- Be responsible for analysis, recommendation of upgrades, design, changes, implementation and maintenance of software
- Be responsible for the maintenance and overall performance, security and availability of the enterprise UNIX-Linux servers.
- Develop and maintain shell scripts (e.g. Korn, C shell, PERL, Python, PERL, etc.) to automate systems and application processes and enhance systems functionality.
- Create and manage roles, configuration policies, and system/software automation procedures
- Collaborate with IT Operations to develop the process and tools needed to maintain and monitor operating baselines and configurations for the organization.
- Background knowledge or experience with Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Window Server Operating Systems, SCCM, Slack and Azure Automation and Blueprints
- Automate tasks with PowerShell Automation.
- Office 365 background specifically related to message management
- Provide recommendations where existing policies and procedures require change or where new guidelines need to be developed
- Provide 24 x 7 x 365 support through on-call rotation
- Review technical specifications from clients and vendors to confirm adequacy, accuracy and functionality of proposed solutions
- Define benchmarks for tracking and measuring performance metrics
- Experience developing standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Service, and Application Development to select appropriate technical solutions.
- Develop clear, concise installation, configuration procedures, runbooks and contributing to the maintenance of operational standards
- Create automated approaches and scripts for system administration tasks where possible and appropriate
- Implement security measures in all technical activities to limit unauthorized access/use
- Provide advanced systems and intermediate network support as requested as part of troubleshooting analysis
- Present technology concepts and terminology to technical peers and customers
- Interpret and provide solutions on complex technologies/architectures.
- Deep Windows Server expertise and some Linux knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline, generally 10+ years of professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based solution architectures on various cloud services.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing deployment strategies for cloud/virtualization and implementation best practices using IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- AWS or Azure Cloud Architect certification will be a plus
- One or more years of cloud engineering experience with Oracle Public Cloud (OCI).
- Experience with containerization (i.e. Docker)
- Ability to innovate new solutions strong interpersonal skills in areas such as facilitation, negotiation & the ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in maintaining operating system baselines, include the deployment to a large organization (over 1000 assets).
- Experience with containerization in production environment
- Experience with CI/CD servers like Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo or similar products
- Experience deploying, automating, maintaining and managing production systems in AZURE or any other cloud provider (AWS, OCI) to ensure availability, performance, scalability and security of the production systems
- Familiarity with automation and configuration management suites like Terraform, CFEngine, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar products
- Knowledge of Windows, SQL, Unix and Linux servers.
- Familiar with security and management tools such as Nessus, CounterACT, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Defender, Microsoft Intune or similar products
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies
- Thorough knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills
- Strong communications skills.
- Strong Azure Solutions Architect with hands on experience in data migration, data store creation, security, Replication, Backup and anything to do with Azure Data Life Cycle end to end.
- Prior Experience (Minimum 2 project) in moving from on premises as well as other cloud platforms to Azure.
- Experience in architecting and designing new systems and migration process.
- Needs to know Azure SQL and Azure SQL Data warehouse an Architectural perspective as well as from an implementation perspective.
- Needs to know Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake as well as any other toolsets in data import and export from an AzureSQL DW cluster/Azure SQL DB
- Understands Performance aspects of Azure storage platforms
- Should have good understanding of Azure architectural patterns
- Should have good understanding of C# and PowerShell scripting
- Hands on Experience in migration and export of large data sets from on premise and cloud-based platforms into/from Azure.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/35V5Hr2