Role- AML Compliance Risk Analyst – III
Location- New York, NY 10045
Duration- 9 Months Contract
The Compliance Function is an independent advisory and control function within Client Client. The central mission of the Compliance Function is to protect the Bank and its people by fostering an ethical culture and ensuring appropriate risk-based compliance and ethics controls are utilized.
The Compliance Function also assesses risks related to sensitive data management, trading operations, and restrictions related to the Bank's code of conduct.
The Financial Crimes Unit ( "FCU”) in the Compliance Function is responsible for the development and implementation of the Bank's overall AML program and strategy, as well as Sanctions and Fraud policies, procedures, monitoring, research, due diligence, escalation, reporting and training processes. As one of only two such teams in the Reserve Bank System, the FCU provides an unparalleled opportunity to work on emerging financial matters of global importance, with a focus on mitigating the Bank's reputational AML and Sanctions related risks.
• Maintain effective relationships with first line of defense colleagues, business area management and staff to gain insight into financial crime related risks associated with business area activities, objectives, processes, and overall control environment.
• Support management in the creation and execution of program enhancements, including but not limited to documented guidance, training curriculums, escalation procedures and technological innovative solutions for key controls.
• Communicate effectively and professionally, both written and verbally with all levels management and staff regarding AML and Sanctions related matters.
• Conduct detailed and well supported investigations of transactions for the identification of suspicious activity and/or potential sanctions matches, documented with clear rational to support disposition determinations.
• Conduct detailed due diligence research, by using various research databases, on transactions and related parties, by evidencing detailed and concise written skills in documenting findings.
• Communicate due diligence findings concisely both written and verbally for presentation to senior stakeholders at the Bank.
• Develop, review and execute on FCU policies and procedures, controls, and identify opportunities for further program enhancement.
• Provide subject matter expertise and judgment on financial crime responsibilities, and other topics as assigned.
• 5 to10 years of AML and sanctions compliance experience.
• Bachelor's degree required. Law degree or master's degree in business administration is a plus. CAMS Certification a plus.
• Knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the requirements of the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
• Excellent written and verbal skills are a must, with the ability to communicate findings in a concise manner to all levels of management
• Ability to conduct independent research and investigations and produce reports and recommendations that translate an idea into appropriate action.
• Demonstrated ability to think critically, assimilate new information, make sound decisions, manage multiple responsibilities and respond effectively in time-pressured situations or to meet tight deadlines.
APN Consulting, Inc. | Princeton Park Corporate Center
1100 Cornwall Road | Suite 205 | Monmouth Junction NJ 08852
Work: 609-924-3400 Ext: 208
Cell: (848) 238-1825
e-Fax 1-800-779-1202 | Fax 732-960-1638