Chief Program Officer
The Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK) was founded in 1982 to feed those who are hungry in the Trenton area and offer programs to encourage self-sufficiency and improve the quality of life. Over the 40 years since its founding, TASK has expanded to offer a wide range of supportive programs and serve over 8,000 meals each week at its Escher Street location and through its network of partner organizations. As a result, TASK has become a trusted leader in addressing hunger and poverty across the Trenton region. With an annual budget of $6 million, a dedicated staff of 40, and several thousand volunteers, TASK is a dynamic organization providing essential services to our neighbors in need.
The growth of TASK has created an opportunity for a motivated professional to join the organization as its first Chief Program Officer (CPO). This is an outstanding opportunity for a mission-driven professional to make an impact in serving our community.
Reporting to TASK’s CEO, the CPO is responsible for the organization’s initiatives to foster innovative programs development, organizational efficiency, quality improvement and performance management. The CPO will work closely with the Executive Director to oversee efforts to strengthen innovation and support evaluation across the organization. The IEO will identify, strategize, develop, and drive transformative initiatives and champion the role of innovation in TASK’s operations. The CPO will be responsible for TASK’s internal data collection and evaluation systems, working with TASK’s Executive Team to provide key performance indicators, analytics, and actionable insights to guide the organization’s decision-making and reporting.
- Manage and oversee the organization's data collection and evaluation efforts.
- Propose, develop and implement new program and service initiatives based on data and evaluation.
- Plan, organize, and implement the organization's performance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Support and strengthen the organization’s capacity for data-driven and evidence-based decision-making.
- Establish a robust quality improvement and performance management system for TASK’s operations.
- Support and strengthen TASK’s program evaluation capacity.
- Create and maintain written policies and procedures regarding data quality, data integrity and systems usage.
- Perform monthly analyses of data, interpret results, and make recommendations based on findings.
- Effectively communicate findings with key leadership and staff.
- Foster a working environment that values innovation, outcomes, collegiality, and respect.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will have five to ten years of program development and management at a nonprofit organization, with a minimum of three years of successful experience in working with data analytics, data collection, quality improvement, organizational innovation, or similar functions. Ability to work with an executive team to implement strategic plan goals and objectives. Strong data analysis skills and communications abilities are vital. The qualities of integrity, ethics, and strong character are essential. Appropriate educational credentials are required that demonstrate the knowledge and competencies needed for this position. A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is required.
Salary range: $90,000- $115,000
Generous benefit package including medical and dental, vision, life and accident insurances; vacation, sick and personal leave; and employee assistance program.
- Hybrid in-person/remote position, 38 hours per week Monday through Friday.
- Attendance may be required at special events, including occasional weeknights, holidays or weekends.
If you have these qualifications and are interested in exploring this exciting leadership role with TASK, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.