Manager, Data and Outcomes
The Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK) was founded in 1982 to feed those who are hungry in the Trenton area and offer programs to encourage self-sufficiency and improve the quality of life. Over the 40 years since its founding, TASK has expanded to offer a wide range of supportive programs and serve over 8,000 meals each week at its Escher Street location and through its network of partner organizations. As a result, TASK has become a trusted leader in addressing hunger and poverty across the Trenton region. With an annual budget of $6 million, a dedicated staff of 40, and several thousand volunteers, TASK is a dynamic organization providing essential services to our neighbors in need.
The growth of TASK has created an opportunity for a motivated professional to join the organization as its first Manager, Data and Outcome (MDO). This is an outstanding opportunity for a mission-driven professional to make an impact in serving our community.
Reporting to TASK’s Chief Program Officer, the MDO manages the data, evaluation and outcomes for TASK’s programs and services. This includes data collection, outcome analysis, evaluation, presentation, and communication of results related to strategic planning initiatives.
· Oversee full operation of TASK’s current client software program, Apricot.
- Determine and implement procedures to improve and maintain data integrity. Conduct training, technical assistance and program monitoring on site.
- Work with both program and other staff to ensure appropriate data is being collected, measured and communicated for accuracy of establishing baselines and gathering data for and reporting community wide results.
- Collect and track key data points related to TASK’s area of strategic focus and manage data requests internally and externally.
- Design surveys for evaluation of programs and volunteer experiences.
- Design and develop data assessment projects, identify data sources, and develop collection tools.
- Partner with grants staff to oversee evaluation components of grant applications and provide information for grants reporting.
- Provide one-on-one consultation with program staff on understanding program outcomes and methodologies that can be implemented for program improvement.
- Create performance reports, scorecards, and dashboards to illustrate TASK’s success.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will have well developed technical, statistical and qualitative skills related to program planning and evaluation as well as proficiency in case management and client data tracking software. The ability to work with an executive team to implement strategic plan goals and objectives is critical. Strong data analysis skills and communications abilities are vital. The qualities of integrity, ethics, and strong character are essential. Appropriate educational credentials are required that demonstrate the knowledge and competencies needed for this position. A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is required.
Salary range: $55,000 - $70,000
Generous benefit package including medical and dental, vision, life and accident insurances; vacation, sick and personal leave; and employee assistance program.
- Hybrid in-person/remote position, 38 hours per week Monday through Friday.
- Attendance may be required at special events, including occasional weeknights, holidays or weekends.
TASK is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
If you have these qualifications and are interested in exploring this exciting leadership role with TASK, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.