First point of contact for all Community Foundation guests calling or coming into
the office. Responsible for greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing
guests appropriately. Receiving and sorting mail. Administrative support to
Asset Building, Grants & Programs and Communications staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for answering the phone, screening phone calls, forwarding phone calls and taking detailed messages.
• Greeting guests and being the first point of contact and impression for anyone contacting the Community Foundation.
• Oversee all aspects of the telephone and voicemail.
• Oversee and maintain the reception area including the small conference room, file room, copy room and the machines located in each as well as shredding services.
• Schedule use of conference rooms by staff and outside groups; responsible for materials, room set-up/clean-up and refreshments.
• Open and sort mail and assist with outgoing mail when necessary.
• Provide support to communications, asset building and grants and program teams including event and meeting implementation, meeting material, minutes, set-up, clean-up, etc.
• Key person for event registration lists, nametags, event staffing and maintaining appropriate records in FIMS database.
• Provide support in our grantmaking database.
• Other administrative support to communications, asset building and the grants and programming staff including maintaining calendars, contacting Committee members, making phone calls, handling mailings.
• Backup for Executive Assistant when necessary to assist CFO& COO and
the President & CEO.
Other duties as assigned.
• At least 7-10 years of experience providing superior administrative support.
• Proven success supporting multiple managers.
• Ability to take initiative in managing projects. Highly organized and superior attention to detail. Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
• Experience working with a wide variety of constituents and ability to relate well to a wide variety of people.
• Thorough understanding of and strong commitment to the Community Foundation’s goals and mission.
• Pleasant personality. Integrity, judgment, discretion, maturity & flexibility.
• Strong computer proficiency (MS Office Suite), email and Internet usage, and ability to learn customized relational database software.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
• Self-starter able to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work well with co-workers, and under pressure.
• Follows well-defined procedures and guidelines.
• Salary: Starting Salary $50,000
• Benefits: Comprehensive package offered
• Hours: Full-time position
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For this position, please address the cover letter to Laura Longman, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer