Selendy & Gay PLLC (Remote, then NYC)
How to Apply:
Applications for the Learning & Development Coordinator position should include a cover letter (300 word maximum) and resume sent to email@example.com.
Learning & Development Coordinator
Our partners have earned industry-leading reputations by winning trials of the highest stakes in nearly every type of complex commercial litigation, arbitration, and investigation. At Selendy & Gay, we are not just great at what we do, but we value leadership, innovation, collaboration, and diversity of thought. As a result, we have a great culture, awesome team members, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation. If you possess an exemplary work ethic, you will be recognized. To learn more, please visit our website.
- Participate in defining the overall training agenda for associates and coordinate training to meet identified development needs.
- Coordinate and help implement all training programs, which includes: communicating with attorney presenters & outside consultants, coordinating conference rooms, catering and videoconferencing etc. and on-site, day-of ownership for the execution of logistics related to all training programs.
- Assist with training programs and evaluate effectiveness of programs, maintain the training program calendar.
- Coordinate program evaluations; compile and analyze feedback and recommend improvements as needed.
- Oversee CLE credit tracking for attorneys and advise about their compliance, research CLE opportunities and maintain CLE database.
- Support PD Team with implementing coaching and mentoring programs as well as collaborating about other initiatives and programs the firm could implement related to associate life.
- Collaborate with members of the PD team to plan and execute all new associate orientations and other multi-day development programs throughout the year.
- Plan, develop and implement social events held in connection with new associate orientation and other associate retention programs.
- Support the execution of the office’s summer associate training program including logistical planning, other duties associated with the summer program as assigned by the recruiting or training team members.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices and advise on potential new programming or training.
- Participate in additional ad hoc projects as needed relating to the firm’s training, recruiting, and development initiatives.
Key Skills & Traits Needed:
- Minimum 1-2 years PD experience, ideally in the law firm environment.
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT) and experience in database programs (VI Desktop, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively as a member team.
- Energetic and collegial; ability to build strong relationships throughout the firm including with summer associates, senior leadership, peers and other internal constituencies.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Thinks and plans logically, making sure ideas and issues are thoroughly evaluated.
- Proactive in learning.
- Excited about getting in on the ground floor of building a department at a new law firm.
Selendy & Gay PLLC
1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104
T +1 212 390 9328 F +1 212 390 9399