991 US Highway 22, Suite 200
Job Description – Global Strategic Marketing Project Manager (Full time)
The Global Strategic Marketing Project Manager is a strategic business partner to Global Strategic Marketing team. He/she understands Company’s business, strategy, portfolio and organization and applies his/her knowledge to effectively navigate through complexity and achieve results.
The GSM Project Manager coordinates project activities between Global Strategic Marketing and a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, including Medical and Scientific Affairs, R&D, Operations, Finance, Legal and Compliance, Regional Marketing, Communications and Company’s customers and field sales force. In this role, the GSM Project Manager supports and represents Clinical Labs Global Strategic Marketing for a full range of product commercialization projects. Examples include:
- Primary/secondary market research planning and execution
- Collateral development and compliance review
- External agency and consultant liaison
- Scientific/Evidence study planning and execution
- Internal presentation development
- New product implementation
Under general guidance and with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative, the GSM Project Manager will be responsible for overall planning, direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with marketing strategy, commitments and goals:
- Builds plans in compliance with existing process and policies
- Negotiates for resources
- Anticipates and effectively manages risks
- Primary liaison with internal and external agencies and consultants
- Consistently and persistently follows-up with team members to ensure project deliverables and interim milestones are met.
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders. Motivates the team to exceed expectations. Ability to encourage and enable people to work together as a team to accomplish the project.
- Monitors and effectively communicates status.
- Promotes and implements process improvements and project management best practice methodologies and tools.
- Develops project budgets
- Schedules and facilitates project team meetings both internally and externally as required
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Project management experience is required
- Experience working in Marketing environment is required. Diagnostics or Medical Device industry preferred
- Familiarity with Medical Device Regulatory requirements is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Expertise using MS Project or equivalent project management software is preferred including best practices for creating schedules, updating schedules, and critical path analysis of highly complex schedules
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills required.
- Ability to take calculated risks and demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross functional team environment required
- Able to identify problems and lead creative and proactive problem-solving efforts to achieve project goals