At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Director, IT Business Partnering for Clinical Trial Management Capabilities is accountable for the effective delivery of IT capabilities and services supporting the R&D Clinical Operations functions. This is a senior role partnering with the heads of the Global Trial & Clinical Operations teams to define and drive digital capabilities to meet their specific strategic needs. The role is accountable to provide Drug Development IT domain leadership & strategic partnership, and to leverage the matrix to drive portfolio execution.
Success in this role requires experience in delivering key clinical trial management capabilities, such as clinical trial management systems (CTMS), planning capabilities and analytics solutions. In addition, the candidate is expected to be familiar with drug development business processes, clinical IT ecosystems, operational challenges and solutions, effective change management/ adoption strategies, stakeholder management and governance of IT portfolio from ideation to value realization.
- Domain Leadership
- Owns IT Strategy: Drives the development of an actionable multi-year strategic digital strategy and capability roadmaps, informed and prioritized by business and IT in an enterprise context. Prioritizes the portfolio appropriately and is accountable for the overall portfolio budget management.
- Delivers Compelling Business Cases: Leads the development of strong and clear business cases for digital capability investments in support of the roadmap and aligned with the platform strategy. Defines, measures, & achieves business outcomes for highest value digital capabilities.
- Brings an external view: Actively maintains awareness of external drivers in the trial management business domain and relevant technology trends.
- Committed to Excellence: Understands where BMS should be competitively differentiated through technology, translates business needs into specific business requirements, sees realistic opportunities for IT to add more value, and balances this with a pragmatic understanding of “fitness for purpose”.
- Strategic Leadership and Influence
- Trusted Advisor: Influences the strategic thinking of senior business leaders, and leans in to help business leaders to include future digital capabilities in clinical trial management into their planning
- Builds Strong Partnerships: Establishes an effective working relationships with all relevant business leaders, is deeply involved with key business activities and forums, and takes full accountability for delivering the value proposition of IT.
- Drives Change: Enables effective planning, execution and communication of business change management to support digital capability investments and value realization. Accountable for ensuring an effective change management plan is developed and executed for individual projects.
- Leverages the matrix to drive IT portfolio execution
- Drives Alignment: Advocates the IT operating model and understands the business partner accountabilities throughout the plan/build/run cycle, and builds trusting partnerships with IT delivery teams at all levels.
- Advocates for value delivery: Constructively advocates for value by ensuring IT has the right balance of trade-offs between speed, quality and cost. Connects and educates the business stakeholders on the broader IT capabilities and services.
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates successes and issues accurately, urgently, and to the right audience, and takes responsibility for resolution and management of expectations across stakeholders.
- Acts Boldly: Leads with urgency, courage, tenacity and respect to initiate uncomfortable conversations in order to remove roadblocks to value delivery.
- Experience working in large and/or complex IT programs, preferably within the drug development and clinical operations R&D domain for a pharmaceutical sponsor, CRO or biotech company
- Experience in the business processes for drug development such as study planning, study feasibility and start up, site and investigator operations management, site monitoring, site payments, study vendor oversight and study performance metrics
- Knowledge and experience in implementing CTMS solutions
- Experience building business cases, investment approval and measuring ROI
- Knowledge of global regulatory landscape for clinical trials & data privacy
- Knowledge of computer system validation processes
- Experience of managing SaaS applications, vendor selection and contracting processes
- Experience working as an IT business partner or a senior business analyst
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- 10+ years of experience working for a pharmaceutical sponsor, CRO or biotech company
- Experience implementing and managing global digital solutions in clinical operations area
- Experience implementing global change in technology and business process
- Experience working in initiatives across multiple levels of management and organizational/ stakeholder boundaries
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Experience working with senior IT/ business leaders and vendor partners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a focus on computer science or Information Technology preferred.
These positions report into IT leadership and will be very high-profile leadership roles in both the business area and in IT. Successful performance in this role will prepare an individual for more senior roles in several related IT functions or the supported business area.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Apply Directly: https://www.bms.com/ca/en/job-seekers/job-search-results/job-details.html?requisitionId=R1535299