Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Database Administrator III Daily for a Contract assignment with one of our premier financial services clients in Jersey City, NJ.
- Provide 24/7/365 primary support of all Sybase ASE, Replication Server, and IQ systems.
- Provide 24/7/365 primary dba support of all Microsoft SQL Server clustered and non-clustered databases.
- Provide 24/7/365 primary application dba support of specific global database applications, performing application releases, app/data patching.
- Participate in database development, tuning, and optimization expertise to application development and support teams on an ah-hoc or continual basis.
- Proactively monitor all database systems utilizing vendor-supplied and company standard tools.
- Maintain complete inventory, configuration, and documentation of deployed systems.
- Engineer high availability Database Systems based on Sybase and SQL Server.
- Remediate database security baselines, policies, standard procedures, and best practices.
- Work within the project management framework defined for IT I&P North America.
- Cross-train members of the Database team in all responsibilities and maintain a daily and weekly rotation schedule for these.
- Liaise with application and business clients to gather requirements, design, and deploy standard systems which clearly differentiate between production, development, UAT, and DR.
- Identify operational and infrastructure risks within the environment and work with the application development team and CIB business to make corrections and mitigate risks.
- Ensure that all systems are backed up and monitored according to the business requirements and notify the data owners when there are failures.
- Ensure optimal resilience of deployed systems and meet all disaster recovery and compliance requirements dictated by the business.
- Liaise with system Engineers in troubleshooting issues.
- Maintain top-notch technical skills and financial business knowledge through proactive self-learning in addition to any formal instructor-led training provided by BNP Paribas.
- Interface with external vendors in troubleshooting complex, cross-platform issues.
- Expert knowledge of Sybase, Sql database concepts, development, and administration with 8 years+ as Sybase/Sql DBA in a production environment.
- Sybase, Sql Development and/or Application DBA experience, strong Sql, T-Sql, RDMS knowledge.
- Wellrounded system dba and application dba skills a must.
- Expertise in Sybase ASE, Replication, IQ, SQL/SSIA/SSAS, mirroring administration, and troubleshooting
- Must have extensive and proven troubleshooting, recovery, db, and app optimization & administration experience in large and mission-critical enterprise environments (50+ managed servers).
- Strong Unix, Windows experience (sysadmin/power-user level reqd.), Programming & Shell scripting skills, Perl.
- Seven years+ Sybase experience a must
- Financial Industry experience a must
- Ability to interface with users at all levels of the organization and good end-user support skills.
- Must be well-organized, responsible, work effectively as a technical lead in a project management framework, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to multitask in a dynamic trading environment.
- Ability to perform 7 x 24-hour support on a rotation basis and wear a pager and/or blackberry device.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related area preferred
- Five years+ Sql experience a plus
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, full-time, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com.
Karthick Stephen - Recruiter
SGA – Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc.
200 White Plains Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591
Office: (914) 828-0296