Job Title : Project Manager I
Job Id : ***3620
Duration : 09 Months Contract
Location : Raritan, NJ
The Project Manager will work with business and IT leadership to organize and deliver large, complex, cross-functional projects. He/she will quickly learn about Clients business, operations, infrastructure, systems, and software and applies his/her knowledge to effectively navigate through complexity and achieve results. He/she anticipates, identifies and addresses critical inter-dependencies and delivers insights to project teams through proactive risk management, issue identification, resolution and contingency planning, ultimately guiding teams towards milestone achievement. Project Manager must have strong critical thinking and decision making skills and the ability to influence without authority, infusing the project teams with a sense of urgency, ownership and accountability and culture of high performance. Must have knowledge of fundamental project management processes, methodologies (waterfall and agile) and tools and techniques and ability to adapt them to the organization. Responsible for the oversight and management of specific projects, project workstreams or multiple projects with an emphasis on driving quality execution under the direction of the Responsible IT Lead or Project Sponsor. In this role, the Project Manager will have a naturally holistic view of a project and its critical path. They can coach teams at all levels on current and anticipated deliverables needed to keep the project on track.
- Shape, organize and plan customer needs into viable projects with clear scope, timing, quality and cost parameters. Delivers of moderate to large projects involving global, cross-functional, transformational requirements.
- Assist the IT Lead or Project Sponsor in defining scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value;
- Leverage traditional and agile project management tools and composes project plans including schedule, budget and product features, incorporating input across multiple functions and outside partners. Outlines and tracks dependencies between functional areas.
- Runs regularly scheduled core team meetings, providing transparency around project progress (schedule, budget, resources and scope). Sets agenda and documents meeting outcomes. Must have ability to identify key issues and potential challenges and proactively facilitate scenario planning to identify the best choice among alternatives. Ability to influence timely decisions and to take action reflective of business objectives.
- Identifies and responds to issues related to project plan (schedule, budget, resources and scope), facilitating discussions between stakeholders and driving to a resolution. Escalates issues when appropriate. Ability to recognize conflict and apply strategies to overcome it. Thinking in opportunities instead of barriers. Ability to negotiate win-win agreements.
- Effectively manages project risk through routine project risk assessments and implementing appropriate risk avoidance and mitigation plans.
- Effectively manages project communication by building a communication plan identifying how important information will be communicated to stakeholders throughout the project, determining who will be receiving the communication, how, when and how often information will be provided.
- Drives the team from initiation through hypercare project stages. Assures all deliverables are completed and documented properly in each phase according to Ortho PMO practices. Ability to keep project moving toward successful completion in face of aggressive schedules and unanticipated developments.
- Ensures comprehensive change management plans are established and executed throughout the project.
- Ensures proper system/solution documentation and artifacts are produced and knowledge transition to support teams is carried out.
- Consistently and persistently follows-up with team members to ensure project deliverables and interim milestones are met.
- Follows standard project SDLC processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Builds relationships and effectively communicates status and opportunities for improvement throughout the team and across multiple levels of the business. Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule, and strategies to stakeholders.
- Motivates the team to exceed expectations. Ability to encourage and enable people to work together as a team to accomplish the project.
- Support project managers in executing the optimized portfolio strategy of GIS projects to optimize resources and budget and reach targets.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 5+ years of project management including schedule development required
- 10+ years of experience working in IT or highly technical environment.
- At least 3 years experince working deploying regulated or validate software to external regulations (FDA CFR part 21 preferred)
- Highly desirable – has at least 3 years' experience is assisting the management of IT solutions within Vendors Cloud offered solutions
- Highly desirable – has at least 3 years' experience is assisting the management of IT solutions supporting or deploying IoT strategies.
- Position requires demonstrated leadership role of technical projects and/or workstreams.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in running Agile projects is required
- Expertise using MS Project, Workfront or equivalent project management software required including best practices for creating schedules, updating schedules, and critical path analysis of highly complex schedules
- Demonstrated successful delivery of moderate to large, global, cross-functional projects involving dispersed teams.
- Experience in delivery of projects involving SAP is desired.
- Familiarity with latest project management methodology (e.g. Agile) is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills required.
- Ability to take calculated risks and demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross functional team environment required
- Ability to influence and present information to all levels of the organization including senior management required
- Strong analytical capabilities, including quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, insight generation and critical thinking skills.
Abacus Service Corporation