PROGRAM MANAGER – IT AND END USER COMPUTING
DURATION: 6+ MONTHS
This position will lead and execute several projects within the IT User Experience portfolio. This includes collaborating with project governance committees and maintaining productive and positive relationships with stakeholders throughout the duration of the project. The Project Manager will also monitor progress, issues and risks and communicate with team members in timely and effective manner to facilitate or negotiate resolution of problems and conflicts with outputs and process related to project delivery.
The candidate will have had previous experience and strong skills in IT and End User Computing which will be valuable in the role/position we are targeting for this worker.
Outline of key responsibilities & deliverables:
- Lead a group of project managers to execute on their assigned program and associated child projects supporting the digital capability (DC) objectives of their Business Unit group/function, delivering value faster, in an incremental fashion.
- Lead project team(s) to execute on assigned project(s) supporting the digital capability (DC) objectives of their Business Unit group/function, delivering value faster, in an incremental fashion.
- Oversee planning and execution of small to medium sized project(s) in their Business Unit's DC group/functional portfolio to deliver on intended outcomes while collaborating on evolving ideas and discovery of new requirements to maximize return on investments.
- Identify dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate status to appropriate levels of management and stakeholders across assigned project(s).
- Ensure project deliverables, schedules, and financials adhere to established norms and are managed in alignment with departmental best practices across their assigned project(s).
- Periodically evaluate performance and develop action plans to ensure achievement of performance goals.
- Monitor and control schedule and financial health of their assigned project(s) and provide actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive assigned projects' momentum and progress. Engage and energize the project team(s).
- Plan and engage necessary resources across the enterprise to ensure successful completion of assigned project(s).
- Manage one to two vendors providing services to the project(s) ensuring they meet their execution milestones and remain within their funding estimates.
- Prepares all project status reports and documentation to keep project sponsors informed of project progress and potential risks/roadblocks so they can take appropriate action.
- Actively engage stakeholders of problem project(s) to assist with identifying corrective actions.
- Co-lead setup of project management and governance structures in collaboration with IT Business Partner(s) and Digital Capability Managers (Digital Capability Managers).
- Advise and consistently apply Project Management best practices (including Agile, SDLC and PMF) and tools. Continuously improve our adoption and maturity of best practices across IT.
- Provide support to IT BPs and Digital Capability Managers in management of project financials, vendor management and procurement.
- Collaborate with ITBPs, Digital Capability Managers & Portfolio Managers on business case development for investments, translating PM experience & insights into improved estimates and outcomes.
Integration: 6-10 yrs.
Communication Skills: 10+ yrs.
End User Computing: 3-5 yrs.
MS Project: 10+ yrs.
Presentation Skills: 10+ yrs.
Project Server: 10+ yrs.
SOW: 3-5 yrs.
Alpha Consulting Corporation
620 Cranbury Rd. Suite 212
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
732-257-3003 # 202